Wednesday, November 10, 2010

An un-healthy obsession.

In the World of nanny-hood, (i should so make a facebook group), we have those we respect and take from, and those who we build shrines for in our 8x8 square meter room behind the door so the family doesn't realize where we get our hope and powers from. In my shrine, there are 3 very special ladies. These ladies, are the people i strive to be, even though, im not british, and, im real, set apart from Jo, but thats besides the reason. I introduce to you. The Nanny Tri-fecta. maybe if i dream enough, start talking in a british accent, and ask God to make me freakish ugly, i will morph into a mega-nanny and take over the world and all the little rascals too.. maybe, MAYBE make them bow down.. we'll just see how much grace i have left over.


In order. from the greatest-to the best. ever. EVER.

                         Nanny #1: Jo Frost.
Not only does her name mean business, So does her wardrobe. I mean c'mon, look at this picture, what kid wouldn't think twice with seeing that stance!  She isn't just there for the kids, but to nanny the parents as well, she is a saint to us nannies, and we strive to have the wisdom and patience that she has every time i watch an episode, i may not agree on ALL her tactics, but most are very helpful and useful. Thank you Jo. You are an inspiration.






                      Nanny #2: Nanny Mcphee.
I aspire, no i DREAM to be like Nanny Mcphee. She is strict when she needs to be, but always kind when firm. This now, is a difficult balance, no matter how nasty the kids are, she always keeps her cool. One of my favorite scenes was when the kids were being butts, and she made them clean and work super hard/fast and they hated it, hahahaa. She isnt beautiful on the outside, but she is flawless on the inside, she makes the kids appreciate hard work, and a willing and helping hand, and to not judge a book by its cover. I have seriously thought about making myself look like a bum to try this tactic, but decided against it. I did, though, make her famous quote a life lesson of mine, and something i keep in mind everyday." When you need me but do not want me, then I must stay. When you want me but no longer need me, then I have to go." nanny mcphee. You amaze me. You are an idol to us nannies, now, where did you get your magic stick????







          Nann(ies) #3. The Julie Andrews dynamic duo FTW!!



Julie andrews is a Goddess. Heaven sent, Jesus in a womans body (kidding) but really. She portrays the nanny so well, and is ALWAYS thoughtful, kind, never rude, and knows she only deserves the best. She is a dreamer, and wants the children to explore and use their imagination, and see the world the way she does. Endless. In each movie, she dramatically changes the lives of those around her. And i promise, a picture of me spinning around on a hilltop in austria WILL BE coming soon. swears. She is the perfect nanny in both movies. she makes cute matchy match clothes out of curtains, (AN INSPRIRATION!) helps the kids take their medicine by giving them spoons full of sugar, this, i cannot do, my kids suffer from eggsima, haha if i even spelt that right, so sugar is a no go. making songs out of any situation, i cant sing without making dogs cry, so we'll just pretend i already sang them tunes. but I DO have rather large black purse filled with uncertainties :) haha and i bet if Julie Andrews were a real life nanny, shed be all of these nannies put together. You are my hero Julie..So during my meditation on how to be a good nanny, here are the following lessons and notes taken.


1.You need a british accent to be a mega nanny
2. Magic.. where the magic!?
3.Treat the kids the way you would want to be treated.








No comments:

Post a Comment